Not much I can say so far except the box is pretty nice. It shipped on the 20th and just arrived now, a bit longer than expected.
Later: Now that I've got it going, here's my impressions:
- Very easy to set up, booted, on the network, shows a number that you key into the iTunes you want to pair it with.
- By default it started syncing all my Music. I didn't buy this thing to play music on the TV so I've changed that default.
- iTunes immediately tried to sell me music videos, which is about all there is in Australia at the moment, I fell for it and bought a few clips.
- The TV trailers are tantalising, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, etc etc. Of course we can't buy any of these in Australia. Grrr...
- The interface lags a little but probably because it was madly trying to sync my music library.
- Visually, looks lovely.
- It doesn't play everything I can play in iTunes. Not sure why, I've got a quicktime movie in my library that won't sync over.
- Some videos, including movie trailers from Apple lose their Video/Audio sync pretty badly.
- iTunes kind of forgot about my iPod for a while. Had to re-boot the iPod, seems ok now.
- They need a black version, after all, most flat screen TVs come in black.
- Why doesn't the volume control work? The nifty remote control only has 6 buttons and two of the don't do anything.